Primary Health Care Quality System
Since 2006 we established quality indicators for primary health care services in collaboration with the Estonian Association of Family Physicians. Since last year we achieved 100% participation in monitoring primary care practitioners.
The goal of the quality system is to motivate family physicians to work actively on:
- Stopping the spread of infections diseases
- Monitor patients with chronic conditions more effectively
- Providing insured patients with a wider set of services.
The system of quality indicators helps the family phycisian analyze their own activities, compare their results to others, seek out fields that need more development. One main objective of the primary care reform based on health centers is to develop more systematic risk patient management with commensurate increase in QBS.
- Family physicians’ quality system indicator descriptions 2017
- The coverages required in the family physicians’ quality system in 2017