Teletherapy is the provision of healthcare services remotely in the areas of speech therapy, rehabilitation and mental health, by using a secure information and communication technology solution. The aim of promoting teletherapy is to improve patients' access to therapy and information by making the provision of services and the sharing of healthcare resources more efficient. Teletherapy provides an opportunity to offer patients a diverse service based on their needs.
With the consent of a patient, telephysiotherapy, occupational teletherapy and speech teletherapy sessions are carried out at the referral of a medical specialist (including family physician) if the patient repeatedly seeks treatment from that therapist, as well as telepsychotherapy sessions and clinical psychologist teleconsultations as referred by a medical specialist (including family physician), including first-time therapy or consultation.
Teletherapy is applied under the following conditions:
- Teletherapy is provided using a secure video solution. Telepsychotherapy and clinical psychologist teleconsultations can also be carried out by phone if, depending on the patient, the use of a secure video solution is not possible;
- The quality of healthcare is maintained or improved compared to contact therapy;
- The suitability of telephysiotherapy, occupational teletherapy and speech teletherapy in case of a specific patient is decided by the medical specialist providing the service. In the case of psychotherapist and clinical psychologist teleconsultations, the suitability is decided by the referring healthcare professional or the clinical psychologist or healthcare professional providing the service;
- The patient's technical readiness is assessed by the healthcare provider;
- Teletherapy is carried out with the patient's consent, which is documented;
- Teletherapy takes place at an agreed time and form, as synchronous communication;
- The ICT solution used for teletherapy should comply with the principles provided by legislation (including the Personal Data Protection Act, the General Regulation on Personal Data Protection);
- The healthcare provider is responsible for identifying the patient.
Teletherapy is not applied in the following cases:
- making, changing or cancelling a therapy / appointment time;
- transmission of materials.
Teletherapy types listed in the list of healthcare services as of 1st January
|Healthcare service||Code||Reference price in euros|
|Telephysiotherapy by video , individual session (duration 30 min)||7065||12,84|
|Telephysiotherapy by video for 2-3 patients simultaneously (duration 30 min)||7051||8,54|
|Telephysiotherapy by video, group session (duration 30 min)||7067||5,63|
|Occupational teletherapy by video, individual session (duration 30 min)||7068||13,76|
|Occupational teletherapy by video for 2-3 patients simultaneously (duration 30 min)||7069||9,52|
|Telephysiotherapy by video, individual session at a primary care center (duration 30 min)||7080||11,71|
Telephysiotherapy by video, session for 2-3 patients simultaneously, at a primary care center(duration 30 min)
|Telephysiotherapy by video, group session, at a primary care center (duration 30 min)||7082||5,06|
|Speech therapist teleconsultation by video||7629||36,61|
|Psychotherapy telesession for an individual patient||7630||35,78|
|Psychotherapy telesession for a single patient in a group (two to eight patients in a group)||7631||12,58|
|Psychotherapy telesession for a single patient in a group (two to eight patients in a group) by video||7635||12,58|
|Psychotherapy telesession for a family||7632||47,31|
|Psychotherapy telesession for a family by video||7636||47,31|
|Clinical psychologist teleconsultation at referral of a medical specialist||7633||25,09|
|Clinical psychologist teleconsultation at referral of a medical specialist by video||7637||25,09|