Dentures benefit can be used only at dental care institutions that have entered into a contract with the Health Insurance Fund.
- When booking a dental appointment you should ask the dentist whether the medical institution has entered into a contact with the Health Insurance Fund, which gives you the right to receive dentures benefit.
- The discount amount is always deducted from the treatment invoice immediately at the time of payment to the dentist. People do not have to submit any application or document to the Health Insurance Fund or the dentist.
- The amount of dentures benefit for three years is 260 euros.
Old age pensioners and persons with partial or no capacity for work should visit a dentist who has a contract for both dentures benefit (260 euros for three years) and dental care benefit for adults (additional 85 euros per calendar year). The dental care benefit for adults applies to essential dental care services.
Dentures benefit is available for health insured
- pensioners who have been granted pension for incapacity for work or old-age pension in accordance with the State Pension Insurance Act;
- persons with partial or no capacity for work;
- persons over 63 years of age.
When does the three-year period end and can I apply for the dentures benefit again?
If a person has not had dentures made for them previously, the three-year period starts from the day the dentures are completed. The right to use the dentures benefit again arises after three years have passed since that date and the person goes to the dentist to repair the dentures or order new ones.
The unused portion of the benefit is carried forward to the next period. If an insured person does not know exactly how much time has passed since the previous dentures were made, we recommend specifying this with the prosthodontist or checking with the Health Insurance Fund before seeing the dentist. You can also check this in the state portal www.eesti.ee under the service “Information on dental care and denture services” or by sending a signed query to the Health Insurance Fund by mail, e-mail or by visiting our customer services points.
Example of benefit calculation
Marta’s first dentures at the price of 200 euros were made on 7 May 2020. 60 euros of the benefit amount remained unused, which Marta can use until 7 May 2023. The unused portion of the benefit is carried forward to the next period.
Additional information is available from the Health Insurance Fund’s customer service phone (+372) 669 6630, by sending a signed query to info [at] tervisekassa.ee (info[at]tervisekassa[dot]ee) or from the state portal www.eesti.ee under the service “Information on dental care and denture services”.